Authorization of Use: Mountain hereby authorizes any person to access this Website for informational purposes only. Mountain reserves the right to terminate access to this Website at any time without notice.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
You have complete control over your personal information. In general, you can visit our Website without providing us with any personal information. However, there are instances where we must have your personal information in order for us to grant you access to our protected and secured sites. Our web server also automatically recognizes the domain of each visitor to our Website, which collects the date and time of each visit, the IP address, and referring site. We collect this same information, as well as the email addresses and names of people who choose to provide them, email addresses of those who communicate with us via email and information volunteered by users, such as site registrations and survey information. We do not collect personal information about you, except when you volunteer to provide it to us. This may occur through the use of site registrations, surveys, or through online giving. The information may include your first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age group, birthday, gender, and other preferences. The types of personal information we collect varies depending on your use of our Website features. If you register for an event on the Website or opt-in to receive emails and/or other communications, we store the information provided to us. If you choose not to provide us with information, you will not receive future digital and written communications from us. Personal data is kept indefinitely. If you prefer that we do not store your information, please do not provide us with your information. If you have given us your information and would like us to no longer store it, please call or email us with the contact information provided below.
DISCLOSURE OF USER INFORMATION
Online Giving: For those who choose to give their tithe or offering online, we use the company Simple Donation. In order to make the transaction, we must collect your first name, last name, credit card number, credit card expiration date, and the credit card security code. All of this information is encrypted and meets security standards. If you do not wish for us to have this information, please do not use our online platform to give your tithes and offerings.
Mountain Christian Church Short Code Program Terms
- Mountain Christian Church will send messages to users including: announcements and reminders; responses to prayer requests and stories from individuals; notes of encouragement; answers to questions received; message series with devotional or other content; and periodic surveys.
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP”, “END”, “QUIT”, “CANCEL” or “UNSUBSCRIBE” to the short code. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, text “START” to opt back in and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing issues with the messaging program you can reply with the keyword HELP for more assistance, or you can get help directly at email@example.com.
- Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency will vary and will also depend on the number of times you contact us or request a response. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider.
Web Beacons: We sometimes use web beacons or pixel tags, which are transparent images placed on a webpage to indicate that the page has been viewed, or to tell your browser to get content from another server. They may also tell us when our emails have been opened.
Third Party Services: We work with our third-party service providers such as Google, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google Website Optimizer, social media ads, Constant Contact, Living As One, Rock RMS, Simple Donation, and My Well when automatically collecting information about how our sites are accessed, what they are used for, browser type, device type, operating system, application version, browsing time, page views, and features or applications used on the sites. This data helps us understand what our sites are being used for, and how we can update content in order to make it more relevant to all of our users. It also allows us to know who is using our platforms so that we can better communicate to other similar individuals.
Disclaimer of Liability: In no event shall Mountain or its affiliates be liable for any compensatory, special, direct, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, exemplary damages, or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, information, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the data, information, or material included in this Website or on the Internet generally or on any other basis.
Disclaimer for Links: Although this site may include links providing direct access to other Internet sites, Mountain and its affiliates take no responsibility for the content or information contained on those other sites, and does not exert any editorial or other control over those other sites.
HOW WE USE THE DATA
Mountain does not sell, trade, or transfer user information to third parties. The information we collect is used internally in order to improve our Website and contact users, and it is not shared with third-party organizations except for special circumstances listed:
- When you authorize such disclosure.
- When verifying your identity.
- In response to your questions, comments, or requests.
- In response to local, state, or federal law enforcement officials upon request.
- In response to judicial, administrative, or similar proceeding or order upon request.
- In response to any belief that such disclosure is required by law.
- In response to a physical threat to any individual. In the event that we merge with another organization, it is likely that they will receive access to our consumer information.
In order to provide communication services, we may utilize a third-party service provider for routine services, such as mailings. In these instances, we provide only the necessary information to ensure the service is delivered. The third-party service provider must sign an agreement to keep our consumer’s information confidential and secure. Upon completion of the service, the third-party must either destroy all provided information or return it to us.
KEEPING DATA SECURE
We take your personal information and data very seriously, which is why we have a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate. This security technology ensures that all data passed between web browsers and web servers remains private and secure. We are diligent in ensuring that our SSL Certificate is always up-to-date and never expires. In addition, we also have security measures in place at all of our physical locations to keep safe the personal data that you have given us. While it is impossible to guarantee 100% security, we have systems to keep your data safe to the best of our abilities.
Use of this site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Maryland, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any dispute concerning this site shall be subject to the exclusive venue of a court of competent jurisdiction in Maryland.
Should any provision of our terms and conditions be held invalid, unlawful, or for any reason unenforceable, then the invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable provision shall be severable from the remaining provisions. Such invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable provision shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.